I am proposing an alternative to the percent change.
An alternative that is symmetrical to both positive and negative change, unlike percentage change.
The simple idea is to have a positive number if the reference value (called val in the script) is lower than the stock value and needs to be multiplied;
a negative number instead if the reference number is...
This indicator is intended to evaluate the quality of the bullish candles (close > open).
It will calculate the average size of the bullish candles from the last 200 periods. I'm assuming that a bullish candle with a superior wick or shadow equal or less than 25% of the total size of the bar is a good disruption candle. You can adjust at your own taste.
- Volatility Indicator
- Replacement for ATR
- As each pair holds a different level of volatility, a stop loss can be set using this indicator rather than via a ratio 2:1, etc. e.g. 2 X Volatility Value = S/L...
- This indicator averages the bodies of candlesticks over a default length of 14 periods. It also considers the length of shadows via a weighted average....
Shadow/Wick Moving Average
- Moving Average comparing top and bottom Shadow / Wick length
- Shadows represent price levels that have been hit, but did not close
- Not an all-purpose, all-in-one indicator for entry and exit
- Used as a visual aid to better understand price movement. For example. if price is bearish, but the Shadow MA is showing high, positive...
ema - you can choose length
it plots a custom price say x
it plots price x*factors >
you can edit these , the scrip is open source
it plots ohlc4 and ohlc4* factors
Price Channel Implementation.
You can choose to see indicator for Long or for Short trading and to determine frames for Open and frames for Close, in a sense that you could choose 4W for Open and 2W for Close.
Green line is to Open Position when broken, and Red line is to Close Position with broken.
Hope you enjoy with it.
The Volatility Index measures the market volatility by plotting a smoothed average of the True Range.
Based on HPotter's idea (),
it returns an average of the TrueRange over a specific number of bars.
Here the result is passed through the Fisher's transform and normalized to 0/1-range.
This indicator may be...