The scripts differs to the build-in versions in the following points:
- P/E & P/S rates are combined in one indicator
- Negative P/E rates are displayed better: Positive P/E rates are green, Negative P/E rates are red
- For visualization reasons, the indicator will cap positive and negative P/E rates at 100. (P/E rates above those levels are not siginificant either way)
- P/E & P/S rate are directly displayed on the graph
- Both P/E and P/S rates are combined on one left scale
- For visualization reasons, P/S rate is showing 10x the actual P/S rate. Using the standard P/S rate would result in hard-to-recognize changes of the P/S line.
To sum up:
- Positive P/E rates are green
- Negative P/E rate are red
- P/S rates are multiplied by 10
- P/S rates are yellow
How to use P/E and P/S rates:
The US market average for P/E rates is roughly ~18 in the US right now (10/2022) while the market average for P/S rates is roughly ~3 in the US. Note that average P/E and P/S can change when the market situation changes.
P/E and P/S rates help you value your stock better and help you decide whether your stock is undervalued or overvalued compared to the market or the industry when it comes to and sales. If you compare to Market averages, a positive P/E of less than 18 means that your stock is likely unvervalued. A P/S rate below 3 (30 in the chart!) means that your stock is likely undervalued as well. If your stock shows rates above those, it is likely that it is overvalued compared to market averages.
Please note that P/E and P/S rates are not the only factors that make up a stock valuation. Valuations are complex and subjective.
A positive P/E rate also means that your company is profitable.
A Negative P/E rate means that your company is unprofitable.
If you have any questions or feedback let me know!
Disclaimer: This script doesn't show the actual P/S rate. It shows the P/S rate multiplied by 10, due to visualization issues. Positive P/E Rates above 100 are displayed as 100. Positive P/E rates are green, Negative P/E rates are red and multiplied by -1.
Disclaimer2: @Tradingview_Team: I couldn't find the right category for this script but categories are mandatory. I assume that "Breadth Indicators" is still the closest there is. Please let me know if you want me to change the category.
Disclaimer3: For visualization, the opacity of the displayed image is 70%. The standard opacity for the P/E and P/S lines is 50% and can be changed in the indicator settings. I found this setting more useful when working together with other indicators on the same chart
Disclaimer4: Per Share, Total Revenue used are TTM . Total Shares Outstanding used are FQ.
이 스크립트의 오써는 참된 트레이딩뷰의 스피릿으로 이 스크립트를 오픈소스로 퍼블리쉬하여 트레이더들로 하여금 이해 및 검증할 수 있도록 하였습니다. 오써를 응원합니다! 스크립트를 무료로 쓸 수 있지만, 다른 퍼블리케이션에서 이 코드를 재사용하는 것은 하우스룰을 따릅니다. 님은 즐겨찾기로 이 스크립트를 차트에서 쓸 수 있습니다.
이 정보와 게시물은 TradingView에서 제공하거나 보증하는 금융, 투자, 거래 또는 기타 유형의 조언이나 권고 사항을 의미하거나 구성하지 않습니다. 자세한 내용은 이용 약관을 참고하세요.